1. Data controller
- Medicover Genetics GmbH (“Medicover Genetics”, “we”, “our” or “us”) (a German limited liability company registered with Amtsgericht Charlottenburg under registration number HRB 121227 B and having its registered address at Teltowkanalstraße 1b, 12247 Berlin, Germany) is the data controller.
2. Our processing, legal grounds etc.
- We process your personal data to manage your purchase. The processing for that purpose includes administration of orders, delivery etc. and handling of customer complaints. The categories of personal data processed are
- contact details (first name, family name, address details, phone number, email address, company name (as applicable),
- payment details (credit card data), and
- health data (test results).
This personal data is collected directly from you. The legal ground for the processing is fulfilment of an agreement. If your personal data is not provided we will not be able to fulfill our agreement with you. We will retain this personal data until your purchase has been completed (including delivery and payment) and for a period of two years thereafter in order to be able to manage any customer complaints.
- We process your personal data to deliver your test result you. The processing includes generating your test report and sending it to you in an encrypted email. The categories of personal data are first name, family name, email address and the results of the laboratory analysis. The personal data is collected directly from you, except for the test result that is generated in a laboratory. The legal ground for the processing of your first name, family name and email address is fulfilment of an agreement whereas the legal ground for the processing of your test result is that you have given us your consent to the processing. If you don’t give us your consent to this processing we will not be able to analyse your test sample and deliver the test result to you. We will retain this personal data until your test result has been delivered to you and for a period of two years thereafter, in order to be able to manage any customer complaints (unless you should withdraw your consent prior thereto, which you are able to do at any time through contacting us).
- We process your personal data to fulfill our legal obligations. This includes any processing that is necessary for fulfilment of our legal obligations according to German bookkeeping regulations and laboratory-specific statutory provisions. The categories of personal data are contact and payment details. The personal data is collected directly from you. The legal ground for the processing is a legal obligation. We will retain this personal data until your purchase has been completed (including delivery and payment), and for a period of two years thereafter.
- We process your personal data to manage customer support matters. The processing includes communication and responses to various questions directed by you to our customer service, identification of the customer and handling of any complaints or refunds. The categories of personal data are contact and payment information, your correspondence and details of your order. The personal data is collected directly from you. The legal ground for the processing is our legitimate interest as the processing is necessary in order to satisfy our and your legitimate interest in handling of customer service matters. We will retain this personal data until the customer support matter has been handled, and for a period of two years thereafter.
3. Recipients of personal data
- Our COVID-19 Home Collection Kit offering requires that we cooperate and interact with companies that process personal data on our behalf (data processors). In order for us to offer the COVID-19 Home Collection Kit to you we have data processors that assist us with transportation and logistics, payment solutions, laboratory analysis and IT Services.
- When your personal data is disclosed to any of our processors that is done solely for purposes that are consistent with the purposes for which we have collected the personal data from you. We have written agreements with all processors in which the processors guarantee appropriate security for the personal data that is processed, and the processors undertake to follow our security requirements.
4. Your rights, contact details etc.
You have rights including:
- Right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal data.
- Right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal data you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal data you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. Please contact us on the email address, phone number or postal address set out below.
Phone: 0800 – 3768175 (Mo-Fr, between 08:30-15:00 CET, only for UK)
Address: Medicover Genetics GmbH
Attention: International Customer Support Medicover
Teltowkanalstraße 1b, 12247 Berlin, Germany
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal data, you can make a complaint to our data protection officer Qudamed GbR Sonnemann & Strelecki that have the following contact details:
Phone: +49 0231 97 86 9-51/52
Address: Qudamed GbR Sonnemann & Strelecki
Kronenstr. 77, 44139 Dortmund, Germany
- You can also lodge a complaint to a supervisory authority if you are unhappy with how we have used your data. You can find contact details to the authorities on this link: https://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm